TO ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU WHO PRAY!!
We know from reading THE STORY and from our own experiences that God has chosen to work through the prayers of his people, and prayer has changed and continues to change the world.
Here are some cool facts on prayer.
- People who pray live longer healthier lives (states Duke University’s Jounal of Gerontology, Nov. 8, 2003)
- People who pray at least once daily recover more quickly from common illnesses and have a lower rate of cancer and heart disease than those who do not include daily prayer time (says the International Journal of Psychiatric Medicine, 10/97)
- 73% of Americans believe in the power or value of prayer (says the Center for Mind-Body Medicine in Washington DC)
- The MANTRA project, a study at Duke University showed that heart patients who receive prayer have 50% to 100% fewer side effect than those patients not prayed for.
- In blind studies done in a variety of contexts, patients who were being secretly prayed for by a group of people, fared much better than those in a control group not being prayed for.
- The majority of those who had a sudden remission from cancer when expected to die credited their religious convictions and prayers from others’ as playing a critical role in helping them. (Spirituality and Health, August 2004, p.13)
SO WVPC…STAY STEADFAST IN PRAYER!!