WELCOME & CALL TO WORSHIP - Pastor Kim Engelmann
Please fill out the register found in the pew rack. Fill out the yellow prayer cards with your requests for prayer and praise and place them in the offering plate or in the prayer box located in the church lobby.
Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King
All The Earth Will Sing Your Praises
ANNOUNCEMENTS & GREETING - Pastor Kim Engelmann
CHILDREN’S MESSAGE - Terri Dias
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE - Pastor Kim Engelmann - The Lord’s Prayer
OFFERING - Pick-up Choir
SCRIPTURE - Matthew 25:14-30 - Jean Fujiki
SERMON - Pastor Kim Engelmann
The Parable of the Talents
Take My Life And Let It Be
BENEDICTION - Pastor Kim Engelmann
POSTLUDE - Anton Nel
Today’s flowers are given in remembrance of Gloria Klemmer, beloved wife of Karl, who would have celebrated her 80th birthday.
Dinner at 6pm - Enjoy fellowship and then...
Classes at 7pm - There is a class for everyone!
· Confident Kids - for elementary aged kids; Room 2&3
· Celebration of Discipline - Lead by Susan Siciliano; Room 15
· Middle School Ministry - for 6th - 8th grade students; McHattie Hall
· Becoming A Good Samaritan - A co-ed Bible study led by Donna Perry; Room 11/12
· HELP Group - For people with mental illness and their supporters; In the Sanctuary.
SEE YOU THERE!
NEW WVPC PHOTO DIRECTORIES
WVPC is contracting with Lifetouch to produce a new photo directory for 2015. All WVPC church members with their families and regular WVPC attendees are invited to schedule a sitting.
Photo sittings are scheduled for:
· Wednesday, 8/19, 1pm – 8pm
· Thursday, 8/20, 1pm – 8pm
· Friday, 8/21, 1pm – 8pm
· Saturday, 8/22, 9am – 4pm
· Thursday, 8/27, 1pm – 8pm
· Friday, 8/28, 1pm – 8pm
· Saturday, 8/29, 9am – 4pm
· Sunday, 8/30, 11am – 6pm
There are 2 ways to sign up for a sitting:
1. you can use the link
2. You can come to the Photo Directory table on the patio following the worship service and a volunteer
will help you make an appointment.
Each family will receive a free 8x10 photo with the option to purchase more photos. There is no obligation to buy.
Please bring a canned food item for donation when you come for your photo sitting in McHattie Hall. Every family that brings a canned item will receive a coupon good for $5 off any photo package purchase and Lifetouch will contribute $1 for WVPC to donate, along with the canned goods, to West Valley Community Services.
WE WELCOME YOU this morning! If you are a first-time visitor, stop by the WELCOME CENTER and pick up a gift mug, and coupons for a free latte and a free Bible.
PASTOR KIM will be out of town on the following dates: July 19-24, and August 5-9. Please contact the church office for any immediate needs during that time.
FINANCIAL STATUS OF THE GENERAL FUND
· Total YTD offerings received through 6/30/15 $273,948
· 2014 YTD offerings through 6/30/14 $280,854
· 2015 Offerings as a % of 2014 offerings 97.5%
· 2015 YTD offerings as a % of budgeted offerings 91.6%
For more information contact Finance Committee Chair Doug Gips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Drop-in Bible Studies
Sunday mornings, July 17th - Aug 16
10:45am; Room 11/12
This Sunday - Psalm 121
Crash Zone Needs You!
We are looking for volunteers to help with Crash Zone Mondays through Thursdays, from 3pm - 5:30pm, The program starts Monday, 8/17/2015.
As a volunteer, you can
· Sit in the homework room and help students as needed;
· Be in the game room and play cards, board games or just hang out with the kids;
· Hang out in the youth room and watch movies and chat; or
· Play basketball, dodgeball, etc. in the hall or outside.
If you are interested in volunteering one day a week, or would like more information, please contact the church office at 408.252.1365 or email@example.com
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Would you like to serve on a mission project this summer but can’t take a whole week?
What about ONE HALF-DAY in JULY helping out at CityTeam during the week? (Weekends they have plenty of help and are desperate on the weekdays.)
· PROJECT 1: Family Services (10 Volunteers needed!)
Thursday, July 23rd, 1pm - 4pm
Project Leader: Mack Johansen
Sorting and packing donations in the warehouse
· PROJECT 2: Kitchen Help (10 Volunteers)
Monday, July 27th, 9am - 12pm
Project Leader: Todd Misfeldt
Assist with food prep, pantry organization, and/or clean-up. Long pants, closed-toe shoes and covered shoulders are required. Must be 14 years or older.
If you are interested in one of the projects, contact Pastor Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the church office.
What’s Happening This Week?
July 19 - July 25, 2015
9:30 am - Worship Service - Sanctuary
9:45 am - Sunday School - Rooms 13 & 15
10:45 am - Drop-In Bible Study - Room 11/12
11:00 am - Youth Beach Trip - Twin Lakes Beach
7:00 pm - College Bible Study - Jake’s Pizza, Saratoga
6:30 am - Corporate Prayer - Library
6:00 pm - Tuesdays Together - McHattie Hall
7:00 pm - Confident Kids - Room 2/3
7:00 pm - Middle School Ministry - McHattie Hall
7:00 pm - Becoming a Good Samaratin - Room 11/12
7:00 pm - Celebration of Discipline - Room 15
7:00 pm - Young Adults Bible Study - Westgate Mall
8:00 pm - HELP Group - Sanctuary
9:00 am - Boutique - Room 15
12:00 pm - Women At The Well - Library
6:00 pm - Ensemble Practice - Sanctuary
6:30 am - Men’s Breakfast - Room 11/12
Friday - Quiet
Saturday - Quiet