Come Christians, Join To Sing
WELCOME & CALL TO WORSHIP - Steve Norment
Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King
ANNOUNCEMENTS & GREETING - Pastor Kim Engelmann
Please fill out the register found in the pew rack. Fill out the yellow prayer cards with your requests for prayer and praise and place them in the offering plate or in the prayer box located in the church lobby.
GRADUATE RECOGNITION - Steve Norment
HOUSEBOAT COMMISSIONING - Pastor Kim Engelmann
Following the commissioning, the children and middle school students are dismissed to Sunday school.
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE - Pastor Kim Engelmann
The Lord’s Prayer
OFFERTORY - For Your Pleasure - Pastor Bob Harrison
INTERVARSITY TESTIMONY - Karlen Kirkland
SCRIPTURE - Acts 11:25-26, 13:1-3
SERMON - Pastor Kim Engelmann
The Antioch Church
Build Your Kingdom Here
BENEDICTION - Pastor Kim Engelmann
POSTLUDE - Praise Ascending Rebecca Harrison
All WVPC Members are asked to stay for the congregational meeting following the service.
CONGREGATIONAL MEETING and VOTE - There will be a congregational meeting today, following the service to vote on Session Elder nominee, Todd Misfeldt, and to discuss the sale of the manse, paying down of the mortgage, and the purchase of another manse. All WVPC members need to attend.
THE "BELIEVE" CLASS will meet today following the congregational meeting in Room 15.
WE WELCOME YOU this morning! If you are a first-time visitor, stop by the WELCOME CENTER and pick up a gift mug, and coupons for a free latte and a free Bible.
PASTOR KIM’S SUMMER SCHEDULE - Pastor Kim will be out during the month of July and will return August 1st. Pastor Bob, Todd Misfeldt & Rev. Dick Spencer will be covering during that time.
FINANCIAL STATUS OF THE GENERAL FUND
· Total YTD offerings received through 4/30/16 - $159,988
· 2015 YTD offerings through 4/30/15 - $185,655
· 2016 Offerings as a % of 2015 offerings - 86.2%
· 2016 YTD offerings as a % of budgeted offerings - 84.2%
For more information, contact Finance Committee Chair, Doug Gips, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CELESTE MISFELDT AND DOUG ROWE have been nominated to be Deacons for WVPC. There will be a future vote to elect. If you have questions regarding the nominations, please contact the Chair of Nominating, Jean Fujiki at email@example.com.
Congregational Care is looking for volunteers to help manage the coffee cart and the kitchen. If you can help with any of the needs listed below, please contact the person listed to find out more.
- The Coffee Cart is taking a break for June & July (except for during VBS). Thanks to our fellow-ships for manning it all these years. We also need someone to buy and stock the coffee cart supplies. If YOU can volunteer to help, please see Celeste Misfeldt, Hospitality Chair.
- Congregational Care would like to find someone new to be our Supply Buyer - the person (or people) who inventories and buys all the paper goods for the church. Veronica can order much of it but often we just need to buy it at Smart & Final and get reimbursed. If YOU can help, please see Celeste Misfeldt.
- Congregational Care is also looking for a Kitchen Coordinator, please see John Hom.
Please be sure to take a “Pray for Me” card and pray for the Houseboat Camp attendee named on the card.
Father’s Day is just around the corner (June 19). To help us celebrate and honor the significant men in our lives we will be forming a “you all come” women’s chorus to help lead us in worship on that day. There will be one rehearsal on Wednesday June 15 at 7:30 pm. The music will be simple and easy to learn (really I promise) Please do come and help us celebrate these special men on this special day.
June 12 - 18, 2016
9:30 am - Worship Service - Sanctuary
9:45 am - Sunday School - Rooms 1, 2 & 3
9:45 am - Middle School Class - Youth Room
10:30 am - Congregational Meeting - Sanctuary
11:00 am - Believe - Room 15
7:00 pm - College Group - Jake’s Pizza, Saratoga
7:00 pm - Young Adult Bible Study - Westgate Food Court
6:30 am - Corporate Prayer - Library
7:00 pm - HELP Group - Sanctuary
9:00 am - Boutique - Room 15
6:30 pm - Ensemble Practice - Sanctuary
7:30 pm - Choir Practice - Sanctuary
6:30 am - Men’s Breakfast - Room 11/12
6:00 pm - Session Dinner - Room 11/12
7:00 pm - Session Meeting - Room 15
Friday - Quiet
Saturday - Quiet