DIY Service Worship
January 30-31, 2021
January 30-31, 2021
The New Year gives us a chance to try a new approach to our fifth Sunday tradition: DIY Service Worship!
Instead of gathering on campus and having prolonged interaction with folks outside your "pod," you can select from a menu of service projects to work on by yourself or within your family bubble. (See the lists below the registration form or this PDF.)
Choose to create one item in the project list or create five or ten kits for each project (!) -- it’s up to you.
Please include a hand-written note with each of your kits. It needn’t be detailed: “Caring thoughts and prayers for your health and God’s blessings in 2021. In Christ’s love, [first name] at West Valley Church” is fine. We want to make sure that the folks receiving these projects are acknowledged with dignity and the love of Jesus.
Please register your participation with the online form (below) so that we can know how to plan.
Got Questions? See our FAQs page here >>
Update Project kits may be dropped off at the church on Saturday, January 30 and Saturday, February 6, from 4:00 to 4:30pm and 5:30 to 6:00 pm -- join us for the Saturday praise service, too! We can make arrangements for pick-up throughout the week. Call 408-781-8847 or email drperry1955 at gmail.com with your request.
City Team / Teen Challenge Communication Kits
In a gallon resealable plastic bag, pack suggested items below. Don't forget your note!
• notepaper, pens, stamps
• small address book
• stickers, colored pencils
• pocket booklets (2021 calendar, devotionals, word puzzles)
Brown Bag Kits
In a lunch bag, pack:
• easy open protein (ex., tuna or chicken packs) and packages of crackers
• fruit and pudding cups
• juice boxes, snack bars (granola, breakfast), small soft mints
• paper napkins, disposable wipes
In a gallon resealable plastic bag, place suggested items below. Be sure and include your note!
• travel-sized toothpaste and toothbrush, soap, facial tissues
• hand sanitizer, cloth face masks, pocket-size disposable wipes
• assorted adhesive bandages, lip balm
• “Nice to include” items: comb, hair ties or clips, sunscreen, and hand lotion.
Each project listed below links to a PDF pattern.
A few hand-written notes to people at Westgate Villa or Adults Toward Independent Living would brighten days. We'll make sure your greetings get to shut-ins.