Becoming the heart, hands and feet of God
As a West Valley member, you know how important loving others in service is for this community.
Covid-19 has put the brakes on our person-to-person, side-by-side service, along with friendships with your fellow believers.
But we have a fresh take on Service Worship during these times: Drive-Thru Service Worship: Driven to Serve
By participating in Drive-Thru Service Worship, you’ll:
Check out the details below. Our goal is to help you live out the calling of Jesus while keeping you and your family safe!
When & Why
• Sunday, May 31
• 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
• Drive through our parking lot
• Drop off donations of diapers, canned goods
• Deliver your tithes and offerings for WVPC
• Receive the blessings of helping
• RSVP so we know how many to plan for!
Who & What
• You and your household in a vehicle
• Disposable diaper packages for African American Community Service Agency
• Pop-top canned soups, stews, chilis, or individual snack packs for The Refuge, our homeless ministry
• Cash gifts for Salvation Army, who are helping workers who have lost jobs due to the virus
• Tithes and offerings for the ministry of West Valley
Where & How
• Vehicle occupants must stay in car
• Donation stations staffed by masked volunteers following County social distancing protocol
• Volunteers will receive your donations from your trunk, remote location in your car (backseat), or through the car window, as last option
• Parking on campus will not be available, and you may not "walk in" to campus.
• Mask and gloves for the person delivering donations are encouraged
• Where do I go to participate? Enter on the Bollinger driveway (between Hyde School and McHattie Hall). Volunteers will direct traffic.
• What does The Refuge need? Here's a list of items >>
• What size diapers are needed? Sizes 1 - 6 are most in demand.
• How will you keep me safe? Here's the protocol we'll follow >>